Senior Account Director
SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Kallaway is a leading independent communications agency responsible for launching or growing some of the UK’s best-known destinations across tourism, culture, food and retail.
Every day our campaigns help people discover places of wonder, learning, fun and excitement.
We’re seeking a Senior Account Director to join our thriving agency to lead our integrated campaigns for world class brands and work with our directors to win new clients.
Our work is diverse and captivating. We collaborate with world famous artists and performers, go behind the scenes of international museums, reveal rock memorabilia, tell new stories from history, run private views, open art fairs, launch new food destinations, create new schools programmes, and connect communities with places.
We do this by creating smart and imaginative campaigns that excite and motivate audiences into action.
Current clients include Hard Rock Cafe, KidZania, Japan House London, Tower Bridge, The Affordable Art Fair, The Royal Academy of Dance, KidZania London, Bletchley Park, The Design Museum and Wellcome Collection, to name a few.
This is a significant opportunity for the right individual to join our senior team, help drive our business forward, deliver outstanding work and be recognised for the success they bring.
The right person will relish the opportunity to work with our clients and win new work across the culture, tourism, food, retail and property sectors.
They will thrive in this hands-on leadership role, leading colleagues to deliver measurable multi-channel campaigns that excite and inspire our clients’ audiences into action.
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Kallaway is an independent, family-owned business that cares for its people and clients. We’re a team of eight based in our Holland Park office, London.
Our goal is to be transformative – to help our people realise their fullest potential in a caring and supportive environment that delights its clients and makes them more successful. We work in a collaborative manner to deliver creative and measurable campaigns that deliver real change.
We’re proud of our fun, warm and supportive culture and we have clear values and behaviours that underpin our work.
You’ll be expected to exhibit:
- Creative collaboration: We are straight talking, diverse creative thinkers and doers. We share our successes (and setbacks) and learn and grow together so we can be positively transformative for our colleagues and our clients alike.
- Active Intelligence: Everything we do is based on insight. We know the latest issues and trends impacting on our clients and their customers and develop creative ideas that harness these issues for stand out campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We’re quick to spot new opportunities or a better way. We are innovative and tenacious, using lateral thinking and perseverance to deliver the best result.
- Thoughtfully Provocative: We challenge our clients and each other with bold and fresh thinking that questions the status quo, provokes fresh conversations and stronger outcomes – and even raise a smile!
SUMMARY OF OPPORTUNITY FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
The Senior Account Director is crucial hire for the company. We see this as the opportunity to recruit an experienced communications professional to join our senior team and play an instrumental role in driving the business forward. As such the role comes with significant potential for the right person to grow in their role and become a senior leader of the business over time.
The role is supported by professional development. It will suit an individual who would relish the opportunity to develop their skills via on the job and structured training, be given responsibility and goals and grow in a supportive team where excellence is fostered.
SUMMARY OF ROLE AND OPPORTUNITIES
At the core of this role is the delivery of outstanding campaigns and winning new work:
- Lead the delivery of great campaigns. You will Inspire and motivate the campaign delivery team to deliver campaigns that delight our clients and makes them more successful. You will work with senior colleagues to help set client strategy, campaign budgets, profit targets and measurable objectives for campaigns.
- Win new work. You will work with senior colleagues to grow your existing clients and win new work from new clients. You will also contribute to Kallaway’s wider marketing activity.
You will thrive in a busy fast paced environment leading the delivery team across a rich mix of campaigns for clients that span paid, owned and earned media. These campaigns range from straight media relations to digital and influencer campaigning through to fully integrated campaigns across paid and earned media with our media buying team. Our campaigns focus on direct and measurable benefits to clients’ brand or business goals.
This is a hands-on role, you’ll be leading the Kallaway team on a day-to-day basis and working with senior individuals from our clients across a wide range of activities such as running press events, launches, influencer tours, briefing clients, organising sell-ins, pitching stories and managing press events and more.
You will also contribute to your team’s development. Helping shape their professional development and career progression, sharing your expertise and harnessing relevant sector developments for client and company success.
SUMMARY OF POTENTIAL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Be a highly motivated and experienced public relations professional with substantive and relevant experience from a respected agency where you already take a leading role in delivering integrated and measurable campaigns for well known brands.
- Have a passion and a clear ability in delivering creative and intelligent measurable campaigns
- View this opportunity as a chance to make a significant impact, relishing the chance to join our senior team and career progression through responsibility and delivery against goals.
- Thrive in a hands-on role, with proven experience in motivating and inspiring junior colleagues to deliver great work across multi-channel integrated campaigns so targets are hit and client goodwill grown.
- Be confident and able to help your team’s professional development through considered and timely feedback and reviews.
- Be excellent with clients. They will appreciate your natural ability to bring out the best in others and your gravitas to guide and lead their campaigns, able to deal with issues and communications challenges as they arise without drama.
- Be able to clearly demonstrate relevant knowledge of UK and other media, journalists, influencers, social and other channels relevant to our clients.
- Be able to confidently create integrated channel campaign plans across different media channels for measurable client success.
- Have proven experience in winning new work from existing clients and being involved in pitching to win new clients.
- Have a genuine interest in, and potentially experience of, destination campaigns for culture property, retail or travel brands.
- A genuine interest in the arts and how brands are working with arts and cultural organisations is also desirable, but not essential.
- Be informed about the latest social, cultural and business issues and how these together with latest developments in communications can be harnessed for client benefit.
Above all, you will get and want to live our company’s brand of Smart Imagination and imbue this through all that you do.
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Director level mentor to help guide your development
- Talent Academy – training and investment to help you develop your career
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Charity day – a day a year the company pays for you to work for a charity of your choice, this is additional to your holiday allowance.
- Birthday celebrations – we provide the cake and celebration, you lie in and leave early on your big day!
- Summer nights – the opportunity to leave the office at 4pm on Fridays during August.
- Macbook laptop and work mobile phone
- Flexible working from the office / clients or elsewhere with between three – four days in the office depending on need
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 42% off the price of a new bike and equipment
- Season ticket loan
- Full social programme throughout the year, including planned social nights out, monthly company meetings and Christmas parties.
- Family first. If you want to leave early, come in late or whatever to support those you love, then just ask and we’ll help.
- Notice period 12 weeks after the three month probation period.
HOW TO APPLY
Email: Recruitment@kallaway.com with a short covering letter or email which highlights why you think you’re right for the role and attach your CV.