INCREASE IN SPEND YOY
Affordable Art Fair
The Affordable Art Fair (AAF) was celebrating 20 years of disrupting the art market. Kallaway was tasked with using the anniversary to showcase the Fair’s success – and the success of its founder’s mission to democratise art buying - plus increase visitor numbers. How could we differentiate and celebrate the Fair in the crowded art fair scene?
Our Smart Imagination solution
Our Smart Imagination campaign Discover the Joy of Art Collecting went to the core of the Fair’s mission to make art buying accessible and fun. We focused on targeting property owners and long-term renters interested in interiors, positioning the Fair as the place to buy art work for the home, while also enjoy learning about collecting different types of art. The campaign was delivered via a three pronged media and influencer campaign, that:
Showcased the Fair’s founder’s disruptive vision
- Angles and headlines included ‘At home with Britain’s coolest art collector’ to ‘Meet the artists celebrating 20 years of Affordable Art Fair’, with coverage ranging from The Evening Standard, Spectator and Spears Wealth Management, to ELLE Deco and The Sunday Times.
- The messaging demonstrated how the Fair was demystifying art collecting and presented it, together with events and classes for all the family as the place to go for an affordable and fun alternative to traditional fairs.
Reached new audiences in a sales-led, interiors and culture influencer campaign
- Our interiors and culture influencer campaign reached over 700k people and generated 7,000 engagements.
- We maximised the Fair’s 20thanniversary collaboration with artist Dave Buonaguidi by inviting eight of the leading UK consumer – not just art - influencers to work with Dave on promoting his ‘Party Like It’s 1999’ print and share the results on their high profile digital platforms.
- As a result, on the Fair’s opening night, Dave’s print was a must have purchase before it sold online.
Secured high impact listingsin key London and consumer titles
- We positioned the Fair as a cultural hot ticket for art and design-lovers across trend setting media such as Time Out, the i and ES Magazine. This helped the Affordable Art Fair attract new London audiences and drive footfall.
Our campaign cut through the Brexit dominated news agenda to drive footfall from the right audience included buy and spend per head increased by over 20% per head year on year.